Culshaw Miller Lawyers have Commercial Lawyers in Adelaide who are experienced and provide advice in the following areas:
- Consideration of and advice on suitable company structures in the specific circumstances;
- Registration of a new business name;
- Considering and advising with respect to directors rights and responsibilities, including directors liabilities;
- Drafting of relevant forms and documentation.
Due diligence is the process of ensuring that a party considering entering into commercial transactions has full and frank information with respect to the nature and effect of the transaction.
- Advising on contracts;
- Searches of records such as Personal Properties Securities Register, ASIC and South Australian Integrated Land Information System (SAILIS);
- Advice on third party legal documents such as franchise agreements, loans and supplier contracts; and
- Liaising with accountants, valuers and other relevant professionals.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Some disputes result in litigation; however, Culshaw Miller Lawyers recommend that this be considered as a last resort. Many jurisdictions now mandate despite resolution prior to litigation
- Alternate dispute resolution;
- Litigation in State and Federal courts; and
- Negotiation of settlements before or after initiating litigation.
A licence agreement enables a party to use the intellectual property of another party for a specific period of time and subject to specific conditions, without having proprietary rights over the intellectual property. A licensee pays the licensor at fee in return for the use of the intellectual property.
- Advising on the suitability of a licence agreement in achieving client objectives;
- Advising on the terms of a licence agreement and the rights and obligations created by the agreement; and
- Advising with respect to dispute resolution in the event of a breach by a party to the agreement.
- Letters of demand;
- Negotiating payment agreements including preparing Deeds of Acknowledgement or security documents such as caveats and director’s guarantees;
- Representing clients in mediation conferences with debtors; and
- Representing clients in debt recovery proceedings.
We provide practical advice to our clients from small to medium sized businesses. Our specialist Commercial Lawyers in Adelaide can assist in preparation of documentation, representation at court or in negotiations, and in the management of disputes. We are committed in our personal approach to legal services which ensures that we get to you know you and your business so we can provide the best advice.