Senior Associate – Family Law
Areas of Practice
– Complex Family Law property settlement matters
– Advocacy/court appearances
– Spousal maintenance
– International & Cross-Jurisdictional Family Law matters
– Hague Convention/international child abduction matters
– Parenting/child-related matters
Nicola Ashford is a Senior Associate of Culshaw Miller Lawyers and a Family Law practitioner in Perth, Western Australia.
Nicola has a solutions-based approach and aims to achieve efficient outcomes for clients.
She has worked in Family Law for 8 years, initially as a Law Clerk while completing her undergraduate degrees and then as a lawyer. In this time, she has gained extensive experience in all areas of Family Law. She has developed a particular interest in complex financial matters, advocacy and trial work.
In 2018 Nicola was awarded the Family Law Practitioner’s Association of WA Award for Young Lawyer of the Year. In 2018 she was also recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a Family Law Rising Star for Western Australia.
Nicola works hard to achieve the right result for clients as quickly as possible and with due consideration to the proportionality of cost against outcome.
However, when litigation becomes necessary, Nicola has experience representing clients in the Family Court of Western Australia.
Nicola has appeared as instructing Family Lawyer with several of Perth’s Senior Barristers at interim and final hearings in the Family Court of Western Australia, as well as appearing as Counsel herself.
Nicola obtained her Bachelor’s degrees in Law and Arts (Political Science and International Relations) from the University of Western Australia.
Nicola volunteers her time on a number of community organisations, including as a Board Member of the Women’s Law Centre.
Memberships and appointments
– Law Society of Western Australia
– Women Lawyers of Western Australia
– Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia
– Bachelor of Laws
– Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and International Relations)
– Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice